Zoom – Desktop user guide
Zoom offers free video conferencing and messaging across any device, with up to 100 participants (with a 40 minutes time limit on meetings with three or more total participants), and unlimited 1:1 meetings.
This guide provides basic instructions on creating an account and setting up a meeting using Zoom from your PC or Mac.
- Go to https://zoom.us/
- Select your preferred Registration Method (outlined below)
Option 1: Registration by email address
1. Enter your email address into the ‘your work email address’ field This will send an email to the address provided.
2. Click the Activate Account button
3. Enter your First Name, Last Name and choose and confirm a Password. Click the Continue button to verify your email account.
You will then be prompted to invite colleagues to a meeting, though you can skip this step for the moment.
Option 2: Registration through Google
1. Select Sign in with Google
This will use your existing login information to create an account.
- Select an Google account from the suggestions provided, or enter the information manually.
- Click Create Account
Option 3: Registration through Facebook
This will use your existing login information to create an account. 1. Select Sign in with Facebook
2. Click Continue as [NAME] to complete Login
If you already have an account, use the Sign In button in the top right of the screen 1. Enter your Email address and Password, and click Sign In
Scheduling a meeting
- Select the Meetings Tab on the left of the screen and click the Schedule a New Meeting button, or use the Schedule Meeting button in the Navigation Bar at the top of the screen
- Enter a Topic, a Description (optional), date and time, and a meeting duration
You can set the meeting to recur daily, weekly or monthly and limit the number of recurrences using the End Date
- Make a note of your meeting password, which users will need to gain access to the meeting
- For video conferencing, be sure to select On for both Host and Participant
- Click Save to complete
- Copy the Join URL and Meeting Password
- Click Start this Meeting
- Click Open Zoom