The Committee has approved an increase in meeting charges for groups.
All groups should be close to financially self sufficient.
- Fees for groups currently paying £1.50 will increase to £2.00 per person per meeting.
- Fees for groups paying £2.00 will increase to £3.00, with a few exceptions for very large groups.
Please contact the Groups Secretary to confirm the fees applicable to your meeting.
Rather than submission of receipts to reclaim refreshment costs, a per capita charge of £0.15 for refreshments has been introduced.
If the Hall requires the coordinator to clean areas used by the group, the cost of cleaning materials, preferably receipted, may be claimed as Expenses.
Where the Hall requires hirers to provide their own cups, each member must make their own provision.
It is intended to increase fees for home group meetings across the board. Home meeting fees have not been increased for many years. The details are below.
- From the recommencement of meetings the attendance fee will be £1, of which £0.35 is to be given to the host. Receipts are not required.
- No expense claim for refreshments over and above £0.35 per head may be made at any time of year.
The entrance fee has been raised to £2.00.
- Electronic submission of all forms and payments is preferred as is electronic communication regarding Group organisation. If this is not possible an expenses claim for Group administration e.g. postage (preferably receipted) may be submitted to a maximum value of £0.50 per Hall or Home meeting.
- No claim for Group expenditure in excess of the above will be paid unless prior approval has been gained from the Committee and the expenditure is receipted.
- Income and Expense forms and income must be passed to the Treasurer at a maximum of 6 monthly intervals.
- A return must be made as at the end of each financial year for 31st March and within two weeks of the end of that financial year.
- No float may be held by the coordinator; all income must be paid to the u3a.
- No group consumables will be funded by the U3A. The U3A offers a free photocopying facility. If photocopies/magazines/games equipment/film rental/other consumables are required and the coordinator or group member wishes to recoup the cost they must make a private arrangement with the attendees.
- No grants will be available for any purpose. Speakers must be funded by the Groups requiring them. The Speaker Policy is here.
- Methods of handling cash will be at the coordinator or hosts discretion.
- There are new Attendance Registers and Group Income and Expense forms. Click here to find the latest forms.
- The Attendance Register must be retained by the coordinator for both Track and Trace and submitted to the Treasurer with the final Income and Expense return of any financial year.
- Should any meeting attendee report potential Covid 19 infection to the Group Secretary (GS) the appropriate group coordinator may be required to submit a copy of the Attendance Register to the GS.
- If starting a new group or wishing to move to a different hall contact the Halls Secretary for advice and to arrange the hire.