Face to face meetings are beginning again. We can meet in groups of up to six members indoors and thirty members outside. This means that Home and External groups may restart subject to these limitations. Zoom meetings continue and the calendar of Zoom meetings can be seen here.
Meeting fees have been increased to cover changing costs, so please check them out.
Any Hall or Home based group counts as an Outside group for any trip or visit elsewhere and the Outside groups guidance must be followed for such occasions.
- Hall groups guidance may be downloaded here. A risk assessment form is available here.
- Home groups guidance may be downloaded here.
- Outside groups guidance may be downloaded here. There are two forms to be filled in. The first is general and only needs be completed once and returned to the Groups Secretary. The second should be completed before each activity and retained by the coordinator.
The revised attendance sheet for coordinators may be downloaded from here. This has a place for membership numbers to be recorded.
Hopefully from July 19th, the numbers inside will be unlimited. The current criteria boil down to the items below.
- Government guidelines: we must observe these.
- Individual safety: People must decide for themselves whether it is safe for them, given their personal circumstances. Please read the Member Self Assessment.
- Group Safety: Coordinators must assess their activity and take precautions to avoid any hazards. This includes making sure that individuals have assessed their personal risks. Most of our activities are relatively sedentary and do not require more than basic precautions, but the consequences of taking something nasty home should be be considered. Things to be considered are:
- Risk assessment: Time, Place, Event;
- Covid Precautions;
- Location Description;
- Access Difficulty;
- Sharing equipment;
- Insurance cover: We must meet the Third Age Trust requirements to ensure our activities are covered by insurance. These include recording attendees, and keeping a Track and Trace record for 21 days. We already expect attendance records to be retained for a financial year, so this is covered. Basic safety rules also require a record of who was in a building should it have to be evacuated.